Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday Saturday Saturday

"Did you get your tickets?"
That's been the big question this week in my world.  What tickets?  Why the tickets to BURNINGMAN!  Tickets went on sale this past Wednesday.  

Normally my friend Katie in New Jersey and I buy our tickets at the same time.  We go online together and see who gets theirs first.  Last year she cheered me on.  She was getting a performer's ticket (she's a fire spinner) so she didn't need to get one. 

This year I'm getting a free ticket (I'm doing work for the local BM resource guide) and have been offered a performer's ticket.  Plus I had probably a dozen people offer me tickets last year the month before Burning Man.  

Steve informed me a few weeks ago that he may sit this year out.  Did I think "Oh no! Please come!" Nope.  Instead I thought "But who will put up the shade structure and the evaporation pool for the solar shower??"  

Radical self reliance.  Guess I'm going to have to learn the basic principle of BM. 
**************************************
Today's recipe
Scallops with wilted spinach & garlic

Steve splurged at Costco & bought a big bag of frozen scallops. 

Very simple recipe today.

4-6 thawed scallops
Salt
Pepper
1 TBS olive oil

In a hot pan add olive oil.  Seer scallops on both sides.  Salt & pepper.

1-2 cloves garlic chopped up
2-3 handfuls of spinach

In same pan as scallops add spinach & garlic.  

Cook until both are done.

We ate it over brown rice pasta.  YUM!

*************************
12:12 pm
Helped customer (Eric) with a skirt.

1 comment:

vegas_chic said...

Oh no, not put up the shower by yourself!!! I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time.

Were the Costco scallops any good? I've been tempted.