Time to add two new things to our regime this week.
1. Grapefruit seed extract (GSE) gets added
2. Exercise. (Huh?)
I googled "benefits of grapefruit seed extract" and came up with this very informative web site: http://www.pureliquidgold.com/
From what I understand the taste is awful but it can be cut with lemon juice. Hard to imagine lemon juice making something taste better.
2. Exercise. Yeah. Um. Well. Exercise. Need I say more? Ok I will. My plan: get back on my rebounder & build back to 30 mins a day of rebounding. Hula hooping is back, too. I have a 5 pound hula hoop that is a great cardio work-out. I'm taking it into the store & will do it thru out the day.
Vision Board 2009
Once a year I get together with my girlfriends and we do a vision board.
We have brunch, mimosas, we never gossip! We "update" each other.
This year I put a twist on creating the Vision Board. My niece Sara had blogged about coming up with a theme word for 2009. A word to focus on while growing thru the year.
My original word was Accomplish. I believe strongly in everyone needs a sense of accomplishment.
But this morning as I was looking at my board I see I used the word boost.
According to Google's definitions of "boost on the web":
- hike: increase; "The landlord hiked up the rents"
- give a boost to; be beneficial to; "The tax cut will boost the economy"
- promote: contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"
- the act of giving hope or support to someone
- increase or raise; "boost the voltage in an electrical circuit"
- rise: an increase in cost; "they asked for a 10% rise in rates"
- push or shove upward, as if from below or behind; "The singer had to be boosted onto the stage by a special contraption"
- the act of giving a push; "he gave her a boost over the fence"
So I think I'll be using both words this year as my theme. Accomplish and Boost.
Fritata (Crustless Quiche) Recipe
Makes 1 9" pie plate
Because I'm still on the metal cleanse I decided to use cilantro along with other Mexican spices.
Pre-heat oven 350
1/4 large onion diced
1/4 bell pepper diced
3-4 green onions diced
1/4 c fresh broccoli chopped
1 TBS oil
Saute veggies in pan
2 TBS fresh cilantro chopped fine
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
Salt & Pepper to taste
Couple of handfuls of fresh spinach
Saute together until spinach is wilted.
Grease 9" pie pan
In a separate bowl:
1/4 c plain goat yogurt
Whip until frothy
Put veggies in pie pan & top with egg mixture.
Bake 30-35 mins
Pull out of oven & let sit 5-10 mins before cutting.