Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sexy Boots

Sexy Boots
Thigh high platform.
Size 11 (too big  for my size 10 feet)
Patent leather that stretches over my calfs & thighs.
Great with a school girl kilt.
Here's the deal about boots.  I love em.  I have 7 or 8 pairs.  And I'm always on the look out for more.
Owning a vintage clothing store only supports my boot habit.  
And I have some really cool, interesting customers that I buy from.

I live in Nevada. Nevada is the ONLY state in the USA where prostitution is legal.  Ever watch "Cathouse" on HBO?  That place is about 30 mins from me.  

I have no problem with legalized prostitution.  The girls are STD tested once a month, it's taxed and they make bank.

I have a couple of customers who work at the brothels and they bring me clothes, shoes, boots, costumes, etc.  I figure the clothes aren't worn all that long and plus they're fun to have in the store.

Most of the time they just want to trade for other clothes.  

They're open about what they do and are willing to answer any and all my questions.

One told me that she doesn't do the line-up, she won't be on the HBO show and she gets about $2000 per "party".  She splits 50/50 with Dennis (the owner).  She doesn't take new clients and most are booked on line.  (Yeah.  I thought so too when she said $2000.)

Her houses are 100% paid for & she teaches the other girls how to save money, make investments so that they'll be ok once they leave the trade.

I make no judgement about these women.  I just think it should be legalized in all 50 states.  It happens all the time and by controlling it, taxing it and making sure no STD's are spread it just makes sense.

BTW:  There have been no reported STD's spread by any of the legal brothels in Nevada.
*****************
And now for something a little lighter.
May I present Lily and Ruby.
I had a Girl Scout troupe hanging out & selling cookies today.  My friend Robin had asked me if they could come by & sell this weekend.

Sure!  Bring em down.

I let people dress up all the time.  There weren't many customers today due to the crappy snowy weather.  So sure.  You can dress up but here's the rules:
1.  No fighting.  If you fight over something you're done.
2.  Respect the clothes.  If something breaks, tears or ends up with a hole come & tell me.  (I have more adults breaking zippers and stealing buttons so kids trying on clothes are NOTHING to me.)
3.  Put it back.  You can't try on a 2nd outfit until #1 is hung back up with all the buttons buttoned, the zippers zipped and the shoes put back on the rack.
4.  Pick up the feathers.  Enough said.

Lily has more style at age 8 then I have at age 48.  That kid is classy.

Ruby is 3 and I pretty much dress like her.  "Hey!  Everything is red!  It must match."  Please note her sequined horns.  I wear those almost every day.

NSV:  I wasn't tempted at all by the cookies.  Friends came in & bought a couple of boxes, opened them up & offered me some.
"No thanks."
"Oh right.  You're on a diet."
"No, I'm allergic to wheat.  Thanks anyway."

Looking at the box:  Wheat flour, corn syrup,  corn starch, soy lecithin.  No, no, no & no.  

And AND I didn't feel deprived.  Yeah!

They're coming back on Weds to sell and they left the boxes.  Not even tempted.  
****************
Tonight's dinner:
Roasted chicken breast with roasted veggies in same pan.
Been a while since I posted a recipe.

This is easy peasy!

Pre-heat oven: 375

In a roasting/baking dish:

2 Chicken breasts: seasoned w/ fresh lemon juice, dry mustard, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic & chili powder
4 small red potatoes
Broccoli
Asparagus
Carrots
Yellow bell pepper

All veggies were tossed with olive oil, salt & pepper.

Bake 1 hour or until chicken is done. 

YUMMY!!!

3 comments:

Dina said...

Both kids are cute, but Ruby is adorable! Love the horns.

I agree about the brothels. Nuff said.

Tricia said...

Lily reminds me of a young Jackie O. These are adorable kids.

And whoa mama. Look at those boots! That's awesome. I can't pull off a heel to save my life so get it, girl.

wildfluffysheep said...

Cute little kidlets! But man those boots are gorgeous, both pairs.