Sunday, May 31, 2009

Get off my back! I'm dating my blog already.

"When are you going to update your blog" asks my Sister almost daily.  

I'm in season. (Not like a dog in heat.  Season meaning I'm gone 4 days out of the week & am hardly ever home.)

She knew this was coming.  I've warned her.  But it seems that she's not the only one. 

"When are you going to update your blog?" asks my friends.  

I'm updating it right now.

This is my life over the past few weeks:

Thurs -Sunday I'm in Lake Tahoe (except for this weekend.)  I sell tie-dye to tourists.  Been doing it for about 13 years in Tahoe.  Love it & have a great following.
**********
This is my friend Jori. (Rhymes with Lori.)

She's what we in the craft business call a hawker.  She'll sell anything.  She doesn't make her stuff.  She buys & sells.

When I first met her she was selling gourmet popcorn.  Now she sells back rests.  She's a party girl and we go dancing all the time.  Love my Jori.

This is Don.
He sits in the back of his booth and says "Very good prices. Very good prices." or "Cheapest silver on the lake. Cheapest silver on the lake."

He repeats everything twice.  

"Lauren!  I'm going to the porta johns.  Lauren!  I'm going to the porta johns."
"Ok! Ok!" I repeat back.
He's into Scientology and marching bands.  He plays his marching band music at full volume all the time.  He also hands our free Ron Hubbard books.

I thought I had pictures of my booth but looks like I didn't take any.  I'm doing a show this coming weekend in Tahoe so I'll make sure I get a couple.
********************
Steve & Me at my Nieces open house.
I like this picture except I hate my chins.  
******************
Me in a very cool hat.
I have a leather guy who's making all sorts of stuff to sell in the store.
He said that he had to make this hat & had to show it to me right away.  The thing weighs a ton and I felt like I was going to lose my balance while I was wearing it.

Demonia boots
Got my shipment in this past week.  
**************
The store is doing ok.  I still have days where I want to just close the door & walk away.  We're down about 30% this month over last year.  

My weight:  I'm at 202 & holding steady.  Have been slowly adding fruit to my diet.  Love the strawberries.

Miss you all.  I'm doing the best I can.

9 comments:

Tricia said...

Nice to see you among the living.

The hat reminds me of Tom Petty, don't ask me to explain why, but just know it does.

I haven't had any really goos strawberries so far this year. Lame.

Carlos said...

she lives, she lives... cue the marching band

Fat[free]Me said...

Glad you are OK - I do that with my head - pulling it in to make it look as if I have double chins (of course, I haven't) - must remember to lift it for photos!

Enjoy your season!

Anonymous said...

Just keep on keeping on. If I send a science lab coat some time early August, can ya dye it for me? I want to stand out from the other science teachers. Price is no object so go crazy with the colors :).

I sure hope business picks up soon, stoopid economy.

Cynthia (who can't remember her google signon stuff anymore)

F. McButter Pants said...

So glad hear you are having a good summer. Love the pics. I will say it again....you have an interesting life!

Anonymous said...

Tag you are it... http://k8et.com/2009/06/16/tag-quiz-time/

TheFancyChola said...

Your blog is fun..glad I found it! Good luck!

Dina said...

where are you?

Dreams Explanation said...

nice post thanks for update